January 11, 2011

Sledding!

So today, me, Joseph, our friend Nick, and our friend Gabe went sledding. Nick and Gabe are our neighbors, Nick is 10 and Gabe is 8. Today we walked to a school that's near our house and sled on a hill outside of the playground. Nick kept getting mad at his sled, because it wouldn't work (he was using it backwards), so he threw it all the way down the hill and had to go get it. For some reason the sleds seemed to hate Nick, because even when he had it forwards, it went REEEEEAAALLLYYY slow. Then a few minutes after that, Gabe got on the sled. By accident he started going without me, so I tried to run and jump onto the back really quick. But it was kinda slippery, and I ended up on top of his legs, sideways so that my hat fell off and my hair got snow in it. For some rather annoying reason, Joseph decided to jump onto the sled when it was at the steepest part of the hill, and he landed on top of both me and Gabe. Gabe was screaming because snow was flying in his face (He was laying on his stomach on the sled, so that his face was in front) and because Joseph was kinda squishing us. There's a chain-link fence at the bottom of the hill, to keep school kids from running away during recess, I guess, and we smashed into it. Gabe got a whole bunch of snow in his mouth but nobody got hurt, luckily. And the whole time Nick was laughing his head off at us, while he was going down the hill on Joseph's sled at about the speed of 3 inches per minute.

No comments: